I'm a type of girl who seriously cannot stand flat roots. I have such a "fluffy" face (Thanks, Ashly for the term "fluffy".. so using it now) that my hair needs to be equally big in order to balance it all out. I usually back comb/tease my hair in order to get the lift and shape that I want. However, I know teasing is bad for your hair and many people want the healthier approach for their hair. Enter John Frieda. I've tried many volumizing products before, and this is the only one to leave me happy - John Frieda's Lavish Lift Root Booster (say that 3 times fast!). According to the directions, you spray it on damp hair. However, I have found it works EVEN BETTER on dry hair! On days I don't backcomb, I spritz my hair generously with this miracle spray and flip over to blow dry my roots upside down (notice I said roots... just spray the stuff on your roots too... not your whole head). Once it has all dried, sit in a chair with you head still flipped over so that your hair can cool down - this helps set it. If you flip your head back upright while it's still warm, you'll lose half of the volume. Do NOT put your hair in a ponytail, this, especially while warm, will cause a crease in your hair. After it's cooled, flip your hair back to normal position and gently brush through it enough to smooth it out (you should already be tangle free, so don't go over brushing it). Voila! Instant volume! If you do this trick regularly, be sure to occasionally use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of any product buildup.
Let me know if this trick worked for you. Have you tried anything else that has worked wonders? Let me and fellow readers know by commenting below!
PS. If your wondering who Ashly is, you can check out her blog by clicking here!
No comments:
Post a Comment